Terms of Service
Last updated: April 11, 2018
- You must be at least 18 years old to use this website.
- You acknowledge that this site is not affiliated with any official government agency or office.
- You acknowledge that the payment of our fees and the use of our services is not required in order to process official government registrations, filings, or applications. As described elsewhere throughout our site, we offer benefits and assistance not otherwise available from government agencies or websites, and any additional fees we charge are for these benefits.
- You agree that any information you provide to us is accurate and true to the best of your knowledge.
- By submitting your signature, you hereby consent in writing to grant us access to your vehicle record through your state's online registration renewal portal, and you affirm that you are the record holder with the right to access the record of the vehicle that you have provided to us. Portions of your vehicle record may be protected by 18 U.S.C. 2721-2725, et seq., (the Driver Privacy Protection Act). You hereby authorize us to access your public and protected records for the purpose of processing your renewal, or to verify that you have provided correct vehicle information and to obtain any other information required to provide you with the best possible customer experience.
- In no event shall we be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this site. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- You acknowledge that we have not reviewed all of the sites linked to from this website and we are not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
- Any claim relating to this website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- You acknowledge that renewing through this site involves enrollment in our One-Click* Renewal Program. You acknowledge that our authorization to process a registration renewal transaction on your behalf will be granted for this transaction and all future transactions associated with this vehicle. As a member of our One-Click* Renewal program, your payment information will be stored with a third party processor in order to complete the future billing transactions. You agree to allow us to charge your card for the sole purpose of renewing your vehicle registration. For each One-Click* Renewal transaction, you will be charged the amount required to renew your registration with the state at that time, plus our agency fee. The rate and fees are subject to change over time, but the current rates and are posted prominently on our site and throughout the checkout path. By default, the date for your One-Click* Renewal will be set to one year from the time of your original transaction on our website or to the date provided to us by the state. However, your One-Click* Renewal date may be adjusted by our staff if we determine that renewing one year from the time of your original transaction will result in a late renewal. You will be notified via email before you are due to renew, and will need to opt-in to take advantage of our services by confirming your personal, billing and vehicle information is up-to-date and accurate. You will not automatically be billed on an annual basis and you will never be billed without reviewing your order and consenting to have us process the transaction. You acknowledge that your payment information will be stored with a third party payment processor, and you acknowledge that StateRegistration.org and its owners are not responsible for the security of the third-party server. While this third party payment processor maintains the highest level of security to protect customer data, we cannot guarantee in any way that your information will be free from unwanted access while it resides in their system. You agree that StateRegistration.org and its owners may not be held liable for any damages that may result from the storage of your information on a third party system, or for any breach of your sensitive personal information. StateRegistration.org and its owners maintain the right to cancel your billing profile at any time, for any reason, without notice. At any time, you may cancel your enrollment in One-Click* Renewal by emailing us directly and requesting a cancellation. Please allow 3 business days to process your request.
- You agree to be contacted via email, text and/or phone by our support staff for the limited purpose of communicating with you about your registration renewal. Examples of communication we may send to you include confirmation emails, status updates, reminders, requests for additional or corrected information, etc. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact information to ensure the successful delivery of these messages. For delivery of text messages, standard message and data rates may apply.
- If we cannot complete your renewal successfully because you have not responded to a request for additional or corrected information, or because you have failed to obtain a passing inspection in a timely manner, or because the state has denied your renewal, a fee of $4.75 will be assessed upon cancellation. In all other cases, if we cannot successfully renew your registration, the transaction will be cancelled and refunded/voided.
- You acknowledge that once a renewal has been processed with the state and an official confirmation has been issued, your transaction through this site cannot be cancelled for a refund. The only exception is if the state or county office subsequently denies the renewal. In this case, a refund credit will be issued.
- You acknowledge that this site charges an agency fee in order to process your renewal on your behalf. Fees may vary based on state and vehicle type, but the current agency fee rates are posted prominently throughout our site and on our Fees page, and are presented to you on your order summary page before checkout. Payment of this fee, and the use of our services, is not required in order to process official government registrations, filings, or applications. As described elsewhere throughout our site, we offer benefits and assistance not otherwise available from government agencies or websites, and the fee we charge is for these benefits.
- Customer service is provided for all inquiries or concerns via email only.
- You acknowledge that it is solely your responsibility to ensure that your registration is renewed on time and is kept up-to-date in state records. If you renew late, we are not liable for any fees or penalties you receive for driving with expired registration. If your transaction through our site fails, or if your renewal request is denied, you are responsible for contacting your state, either in person or by mail, to complete the process of renewing your registration. Furthermore, we are not responsible for the delivery of renewed stickers (where applicable). Renewed stickers are mailed out by the state once your renewal request has been approved. If you do not receive your sticker or documents in a timely manner, you must contact your state office to have it re-issued to your address.
- You acknowledge that selling your vehicle after renewal has been processed does not entitle you to a refund. Purchased registration remains with the vehicle and will not be refunded if the vehicle is sold.
- We itemize charges on the billing page for your review prior to checkout. However, some fees are estimates only and are subject to change. If additional fees are due, they will be added to your final billing total. If the estimated fees were too high, you will only be charged the amount actually due to the state, plus our agency fee. You therefore acknowledge that the final amount billed to your card is subject to change, and may or may not reflect the total amount displayed to you on the itemized transaction page on our site.
- If required by your state, your vehicle must have a passing inspection or emissions test on file. If a passing inspection is not on file, we will contact you and place your renewal on hold for a period of up to three days . If you fail to reply with confirmation of a passing inspection within a reasonable time-frame, your transaction will be cancelled and refunded in accordance with these terms.
- Use of our site to renew your registration entitles you to one free replacement of your registration documents and/or sticker. If you lose your registration documents, you must obtain a replacement from your state's DMV. Once you have obtained your replacement, simply send us an email requesting a credit for the amount due to the state. We will credit this amount back to your card to compensate you for the cost of your replacement.
- By using this website, you will not be given the option to purchase new plates or replace existing plates. In some states, this option is available through the online system. If it is your intention to purchase a new plate, replace an existing plate or upgrade to a customized plate or novelty plate, you must use the state system, where applicable.
- By using this site, you acknowledge that, in order to complete your registration renewal with the Connecticut DMV, we will require your electronic signature, agreement to our terms of service, and attestation to the validity of the information you have provided in order to verify your record is true and accurate and not meant to mislead the Commissioner of the DMV. When completing your registration, we will sign the Connecticut registration renewal portal's electronic signature on your behalf, asserting that all the information provided is valid and true.
- Use of this site entitles you to Ticket Protection. If you receive a ticket for expired registration that was renewed through our site, we will reimburse the portion of the citation cost related to the expired registration, not to exceed $300. You may be reimbursed either via a refund on your original transaction, or a payment made to you via Paypal credit or a prepaid debit card, but payments will never be granted via check or cash. This benefit applies only to qualifying citations, and may be redeemed only once per transaction through our site. To qualify, the citation can not have been received prior to your transaction with us. You must provide a photo of the citation to us for validation. We have the right to refuse any Ticket Protection request through this site for any reason, but will honor requests that follow these guidelines and that we deem to be legitimate based upon the information provided to us.
*One-Click Renewals are not guaranteed to be completed with a single mouse-click. In some instances, additional information may be required before we can renew your registration, such as billing updates, address updates, or insurance policy information updates. It may take more than one mouse-click to renew your registration through this program. Unless otherwise specificed, one-click renewals use the same information you provided to us for the previous year's renewal, however you may be given the option to edit some of the information (such as shipping address) during the checkout process. The information that will be carried over year-to-year includes your plate number, personal contact information, and, when applicable, your VIN number, Title Number, donation preferences, vehicle designation and vehicle type, and any other information that had been provided for the purpose of processing your transaction.
If you have any questions about our site policies, you may contact us directly at [email protected]. Thank you.
In addition to our state-specific terms, the following refund policy applies to any transaction processed on this website:
- Renewal Fees: Registration renewal fees, including associated taxes and other costs, are fully refundable prior to processing with your state's DMV. Simply contact our support team to cancel and void a pending transaction. However, once a renewal has been processed with the DMV, the funds are no longer in our possession and will not be refunded.
- Third-Party Agency Fees: This site charges an agency fee (see our Fees page for more information) to process your online transaction with the state on your behalf. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle through the official state portal. There are valuable benefits associated with this fee, including One-Click Renewal, Ticket Protection, Night/Weekend Support, and more. This fee is fully refundable at all times, and will be returned to you upon request, even if your renewal has already been processed with your state's DMV.
- Cancellation Fees: If we cannot complete your renewal successfully because you have not responded to a request for additional or corrected information, or because you have failed to obtain a passing inspection in a timely manner, or because the state has denied your renewal, a fee of $4.75 will be assessed upon cancellation. In all other cases, if we cannot successfully renew your registration, the transaction will be cancelled and refunded/voided.
- Timeframe: You may request a refund within 60 days of your transaction. Any refund requests are honored as soon as possible after we receive them. In most cases, the response time will be within 1-2 business hours. After we have submitted your refund, it may take approximately 1-3 business days for the funds to be processed and return to your account.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: While these policies are generally enforced, we also guarantee your satisfaction. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- One-Click Renewals
- DMV Assistance
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Mobile Friendly
- Text Notifications
- Ticket Protection
- Apple Pay Accepted
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia