Frequently Asked QuestionsIs this the official Texas Registration site?
No, StateRegistration.org is an independent third-party agency. If it was your intention to visit the official state site, you can access it via this link.What are the eligibility requirements for renewing my registration online through this site?
- You own or lease the vehicle.
- Your plate must be eligible for online renewal.
- It is 90 days or less until your registration expiration.
- It is no more than 9 months beyond your registration expiration date.
- All the personal and vehicular information on your registration renewal is correct.
- The vehicle must be currently registered with the Texas DMV.
- Your county must participate in the online renewal system.
- You must be a resident in the county in which your vehicle is registered.
- Your vehicle's liability insurance coverage must meet the state's minimum requirements.
- You must have completed any necessary emissions and safety inspections on your vehicle.
- You have not received a ticket for driving with an expired registration.
- To know the county in which your vehicle is registered.
- Your license plate number.
- The last 4 digits of your VIN
- All insurance information including company name, effective and expiration dates.
- A valid Visa, Discover, or MasterCard.
In addition to the fees you owe the state for your renewal, StateRegistration.org charges an additional agency fee of $17.75 to offer benefits that are unavailable through the state portal, including One-Click registration renewals. If you do not wish to pay these fees to use our service, you may visit the official state site to complete your registration renewal.When will I receive my renewed registration in the mail?
Once a registration has been processed by us, and then approved by the county tax office, it can take between 7 to 10 business days for you to receive your registration in the mail. NOTE: It can take 3 to 5 business days for the county to approve a renewal. While some counties process approvals more quickly, some can take even longer (ex. Dallas county).If I have moved, do I need to have my address changed before I use your site?
No, your renewal will be sent to the address you have on file with the DMV; if you let us know you would like it to be sent to an alternative address, we can do that!Why should I use StateRegistration.org to renew my registration?
When you renew with our assistance, you benefit from these valuable enhancements to the standard online process:
- One-Click Renewals: When you submit your renewal request on our site, we store your information securely for rapid, convenient processing in the future. This saves you the trouble of having to remember when to renew, as well as the time spent re-submitting lengthy online forms.
- More Payment Options: We are proud to offer alternate payment options that are not available through the official state portal, such as PayPal checkout and Apple Pay. This makes your experience more convenient, especially when you're on the go or using your mobile device.
- Night/Weekend Support: Our agents are standing by to answer your questions and resolve issues on your behalf during nights and weekends, even on holidays. You’ll never have to wait until the next business day for a reply or resolution as we are always staffed until midnight and over the weekend. And you’ll always get fast, friendly support.
- Fast Response Times: You will receive a response regarding your questions very quickly. Our average response time can be as low as five minutes and we answer your questions from 8 a.m. until after midnight and even on the weekends!
- No Maintenance time: The Texas online portal may periodically go down for scheduled maintenance, making it impossible to renew until the website comes back online. Our site is always available, which means we’re always ready to process your renewal when you are.
- Mobile Friendly: Our site is mobile friendly, which makes it easy to renew from wherever you are, even if you're on a tablet or smart phone.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We offer all of these benefits to make the renewal experience better for you. But if we fail in any way to meet or exceed your expectations, contact support and let us know. We’ll do whatever we can to make it right.
- Text Notifications: We will notify you via text if there is an update on your registration so that you can stay informed even if you are away from your computer.
- Ticket Protection: Every year, the state collects millions in revenue from late fees and citations, but we do our best to help you keep that money in your pocket. If you're an active customer and you receive a ticket for expired registration, send us a picture of the ticket that shows the amount due and we'll reimburse you. This offer is subject to the terms of service governing this site.
- Tax Office Advocates: Sometimes issues arise with a renewal, causing it to be delayed or even denied. This is inconvenient, but it can also be time-consuming. You could end up waiting on hold for up to an hour trying to speak to a tax office agent. We take away that burden by dealing directly with the county tax office on your behalf, no matter how long it takes to get through.
- FREE for Veterans: The state of Texas offers discounts to disabled veterans, reducing the cost of their renewal fees. We take it a step further by offering FREE renewal to qualifying veterans. Even if the state’s portion of the inspection fee is due, we’ll cover that cost as our way of saying “Thank you” for your service and sacrifice.
One of the great benefits of using our registration service is the One-Click Renewal feature. This process was developed to save you time and effort. We can process your renewals in the future with very little effort from you!
In future years, when your registration is about the expire, we will email you to clarify that your information (mailing address, credit card information, vehicle plate number, etc.) is still accurate and up to date. You will be prompted to verify your information and, after clicking submit, we will renew your registration for you. It is that simple! You will no longer need to fill out the same forms each year!
Note: You will not automatically be charged and you do not have to continue enrollment in the program. If at any time, you want to cancel your enrollment in this program, simply contact us and your membership will be cancelled. Also, if you simply do not respond to our automatic renewal correspondence, you will be removed from the program without being charged or renewed.How do I claim my Free Sticker Replacement?
We are happy to provide you with a free registration replacement at no charge to you! In the event that your registration receipt and/or sticker is lost, mutilated or stolen, we will reimburse the fee that is required by the state of Texas.
To request a duplicate registration receipt, you will need to complete the Request for Texas Motor Vehicle Information Form and check Duplicate Registration Receipt for current registration period. You will also need to include the $2.00 fee. This should be submitted to your closest Driver License Office.
To get your replacement sticker, you will need to complete the Application for a Replacement Vehicle Registration Sticker. This application should be submitted, in person or by mail, to your local county tax office. You will be required to also submit the required $6.50 replacement fee at that time.
After applying for your new registration receipt and/or sticker, simply let us know and we will reimburse the fee. We do not require any proof and won’t ask any questions. You can contact us by completing this form. It’s that simple!How do I access my FREE Veteran Renewal?
To say “Thank you” for your service, we take care of disabled veteran registration renewals. To access your free renewal, you will complete the renewal process through our site and enter credit card information. You will see a pending transaction on your statement but, once we process your renewal, we will remove all charges and take care of the fees for you.Are your customer support agents always available?
We are here for you nights and weekends, every day of the year! Fast and friendly support is available until midnight every day; there is no need to always wait until the next business day for an answer.
Text notifications will also be sent to you so that you are alerted of new information regarding your renewal even if you are not at your computer.
- One-Click Renewals
- Tax Office Advocates
- Free Sticker Replacement
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Mobile Friendly
- Text Notifications
- Apple Pay Accepted
- FREE for Veterans*
You also get to join us in giving back to Texas by specifying an amount you'd like to donate to each fund. Regardless of your decision to donate, a portion of every transaction we process is donated to one of several state funds, including the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation and the Texas Fund for Veterans' Assistance.
*For qualified disabled veterans. Please contact us for more information to see if you qualify.
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia