Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat are the eligibility requirements for renewing my registration online through this site?
- The vehicle must be currently registered with the Minnesota DVS.
- It is 6 months or less until your registration expiration.
- It is no more than 10 months after your registration expiration.
- You own or lease the vehicle.
- All the personal and vehicular information on your registration renewal is correct.
- You do not need to submit any additional documents in order to complete your registration (i.e. receipt of tickets paid).
You will need:
- Your license plate number.
- The last 3 digits of your VIN number.
- Current vehicle insurance information.
- A valid Visa, Discover or MasterCard.
No, StateRegistration.org is an independent third-party agency. If it was your intention to visit the official state site, you can access it via this link.What does it cost to use this site?
In addition to the fees you owe the state for your renewal, StateRegistration.org charges an additional agency fee starting at $12 to offer benefits that are unavailable through the state portal, including One-Click registration renewals. If you do not wish to pay these fees to use our service, you may visit the official state site to complete your registration renewal.When will I receive my renewed registration in the mail?
Once your registration has been processed with the DVS, it can take up to 5 business days before your registration is mailed. It may take an additional 3-5 business days beyond that time to receive your sticker in the mail.If I have moved, do I need to have my address changed before I use your site?
Yes, if your address has changed, you will need to update it when asked during your transaction either on this website or on the DVS website. Please note that Minnesota law requires that you apply for a new driver's license within 30 days of changing your address.Why should I use StateRegistration.org to renew my registration?
When you renew with our assistance, you benefit from these valuable enhancements to the standard online process:
- One-Click Renewals: When you submit your renewal request on our site, we store your information securely for rapid, convenient processing in the future. This saves you the trouble of having to remember when to renew, as well as the time spent re-submitting lengthy online forms.
- More Payment Options: We are proud to offer alternate payment options that are not available through the official state portal, such as PayPal checkout and Apple Pay. This makes your experience more convenient, especially when you're on the go or using your mobile device.
- Night/Weekend Support: Our agents are standing by to answer your questions and resolve issues on your behalf during nights and weekends, even on holidays. You’ll never have to wait until the next business day for a reply or resolution as we are always staffed until midnight and over the weekend. And you’ll always get fast, friendly support.
- Fast Response Times: You will receive a response regarding your questions very quickly. Our average response time can be as low as five minutes and we answer your questions from 8 a.m. until after midnight and even on the weekends!
- No Maintenance time: The Minnesota online portal may periodically go down for scheduled maintenance, making it impossible to renew until the website comes back online. Our site is always available, which means we’re always ready to process your renewal when you are.
- Mobile Friendly: Our site is mobile friendly, which makes it easy to renew from wherever you are, even if you're on a tablet or smart phone.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We offer all of these benefits to make the renewal experience better for you. But if we fail in any way to meet or exceed your expectations, contact support and let us know. We’ll do whatever we can to make it right.
- Text Notifications: We will notify you via text if there is an update on your registration so that you can stay informed even if you are away from your computer.
- Ticket Protection: Every year, the state collects millions in revenue from late fees and citations, but we do our best to help you keep that money in your pocket. If you're an active customer and you receive a ticket for expired registration, send us a picture of the ticket that shows the amount due and we'll reimburse you. This offer is subject to the terms of service governing this site.
- Fast Status Checks: Looking for an update? Contact our customer service team and they will provide you with a real-time, accurate update on the status of your renewal.
- DVS Advocates: Sometimes issues arise with a renewal, causing it to be delayed or even denied. This is inconvenient, but it can also be time-consuming. You could end up waiting on hold for up to an hour trying to speak to a DVS agent. We take away that burden by dealing directly with the DVS on your behalf, no matter how long it takes to get through.
- Free Tab Replacement: If you lose your registration after renewing through our site, we’ll cover the cost of your tab replacement. No proof required and no questions asked.
One of the great benefits of using our registration service is the One-Click Renewal feature. This process was developed to save you time and effort. We can process your renewals in the future with very little effort from you!
In future years, when your registration is about the expire, we will email you to clarify that your information (mailing address, credit card information, vehicle plate number, etc.) is still accurate and up to date. You will be prompted to verify your information and, after clicking submit, we will renew your registration for you. It is that simple! You will no longer need to fill out the same forms each year!
Note: You will not automatically be charged and you do not have to continue enrollment in the program. If at any time, you want to cancel your enrollment in this program, simply contact us and your membership will be cancelled. Also, if you simply do not respond to our automatic renewal correspondence, you will be removed from the program without being charged or renewed.How do I get a Fast Status Check?
After you submit your renewal through our site, you can contact us with your plate number and the last 3 digits of your VIN number. We will provide you with information on the status of your registration.How do I claim my Free Duplicate Registration Card and/or Tab Replacement?
We are happy to provide you with a free registration card or tab replacement at no charge to you. In the event that your registration receipt and/or tab is lost, mutilated or stolen, we will reimburse the fee that is required by the state of Minnesota.
To request a duplicate registration card, you will need to go to your local Driver License office and request a new vehicle registration card. There will be a fee but the amount varies by county.
To get your replacement tab, you will need to complete the Application for a Duplicate Sticker. This application should be submitted in person to your DVS office. You will be required to submit the required $1.00 replacement fee at that time.
After applying for your new registration card and/or tab, simply let us know and we will reimburse the fee. We do not require any proof and won’t ask any questions. You can contact us by completing this form. It’s that simple!What does DVS Advocate mean?
Waiting on hold with the DVS office takes time; time that you may not have. We will be your advocate with the DVS and contact them regarding your renewal. We contact them in various scenarios such as when you are wondering the status of your registration or, if you accidentally enter the wrong address when renewing, we will call them to update it. As your advocate, we wait on hold so that you do not have to and we get you the answers you need.Are your customer support agents always available?
We are here for you nights and weekends, every day of the year. Fast and friendly support is available until midnight every day; there is no need to always wait until the next business day for an answer.
Text notifications will also be sent to you so that you are alerted of new information regarding your renewal even if you are not at your computer.
- One-Click Renewals
- Fast Status Checks
- Free Tab Replacement
- DVS Advocates
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Mobile Friendly
- Text Notifications
- Ticket Protection
- Apple Pay Accepted
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia