Registration Renewal Fees in Pennsylvania
Renewing your registration will require you to pay a few types of fees: your vehicle registration fee, a county use fee (if this applies in your jurisdiction) and, if you choose to renew through our site, our agency fee. The fees are broken down as follows:
Vehicle Registration Fee:
- For common Passenger vehicles, the registration renewal fee is $39.00.
- Motorcycles can be renewed for $20.00 and Motor-Driven Cycles or Motorized Pedacycles cost $9.00 to renew.
- Truck and Tractor registration renewal fees are determined based upon the weight of the vehicle and range from $64.00 to $2,326.00. Motor Homes can be renewed based upon weight for $70.00 to $125.00. Trailers and Semi-trailers cost between $6.00 and $37.00.
- If you drive a specialty vehicle, like a Hearse, your renewal fees will be specific as well. An Ambulance or Hearse can be renewed for $83.00. Any School Bus or School Vehicle can be renewed for $36.00.
- Farming Trucks or Trailers renewal fees are based upon weight and range from $114.00 to $775.33. Farm and Specialty Mobile Equipment can be renewed, based upon weight, for between $28.00 and $56.00.
County Local Use Fees (if applicable):
- Some counties (including Allegheny, Blair, Cumberland, Bucks, Butler, Westmoreland, Philadelphia, Dauphin, Chester, Greene, Cambria, York, Montgomery, Berks, Beaver, Centre, Lycoming, Mifflin, Schuylkill, Pike, Union, Erie, Delaware, Lawrence, and Lackawanna) charge a Local Use Fee of $5 for your renewal.
Third Party Agency Fee:
- This site charges an agency fee starting at $15.25, depending on your registration renewal amount, to process your online transaction with the state on your behalf. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle through the official state portal. There are valuable benefits associated with this fee, including One-Click Renewal, Night/Weekend email support, quick status checks, error-free processing, DMV advocates and much more. We also guarantee your satisfaction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- On the checkout page for your renewal, you will see the above listed fees detailed according to your vehicle specifications. The total cost to you will be clearly itemized for you prior to payment.
- Please note that the fees that you will see associated with your vehicle on this website are an estimate based upon the information you have provided to us (car type, vehicle location, etc.) and the final amount charged to your card may vary slightly when we process your transaction with the state.
StateRegistration.org is a private third party agency committed to making your registration renewal as simple and secure as possible. When you renew with our assistance, you benefit from these valuable enhancements to the standard online process:
- One-Click Renewals
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Text Notifications
- E-Mail Delivery
- Apple Pay Accepted
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia