Registration Renewal Fees in Tennessee
Renewing your registration will require you to pay a few types of fees: your vehicle registration fee, a convenience fee, local privilege tax (if this applies in your jurisdiction), mailing fee, additional fees (if applicable) and, if you choose to renew through our site, our agency fee. The fees are broken down as follows:
Vehicle Registration Fee:
- In Tennessee, the renewal fee for Private Passenger vehicles is $24.00. Motorcycles can be renewed for $17.00.
- The fees for Commercial or Specialty registration renewals vary by county. To determine what your state renewal fee will be prior to purchase, you can contact your local county clerk to inquire.
State Convenience Fee:
- The state of Tennessee charges approximately 2.25% of the total renewal amount plus $.25 cents when you renew online.
Local Privilege Tax (if applicable):
- Some jurisdictions have a City or County Privilege tax that, if applicable where you live, will be assessed when you renew your vehicle registration. Some cities and counties do not have this tax but, of the counties that do, the tax ranges from $5.00 to $110.00.
- A mailing fee of $2.00 will be charged to pay for the postage to mail your renewal to you. In some counties, this fee may vary.
Additional Fees (if applicable):
- In some cities or counties, additional fees can be assessed. Examples of these fees include an Electronic Processing Fee of $2.00 or a City Sticker fee that can range from $15.00 to $30.00. These fees are not required across the state, but are specific to certain localities.
Third Party Agency Fee:
- This site charges an agency fee starting at $10 to process your online transaction with the state on your behalf. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle through the official state portal. There are valuable benefits associated with this fee, including One-Click Renewal, Night/Weekend email support, quick status checks, error-free processing, DMV advocates and much more. We also guarantee your satisfaction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- On the checkout page for your renewal, you will see the above listed fees detailed according to your vehicle specifications. The total cost to you will be clearly itemized for you prior to payment.
- Please note that the fees that you will see associated with your vehicle on this website are an estimate based upon the information you have provided to us (car type, vehicle location, etc.) and the final amount charged to your card may vary slightly when we process your transaction with the state.
- One-Click Renewals
- Fast Status Checks
- FREE Sticker Replacement
- DMV Support Advocates
- Secure Processing
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Night/Weekend Support
- Multiple Payment Options
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia