Registration Renewal Fees in Texas
Renewing your registration will require you to pay a few types of fees: your vehicle registration fee, your inspection fee, local and county fees, the state processing fee and, if you choose to renew through our site, our agency fee. The fees are broken down as follows:
Vehicle Registration Fee:
- To register a passenger vehicle or truck, you will pay $50.75. This is the most common type of registration.
- Trailers and Travel Trailers have a registration fee of $45 and motorcycles are $30.
- At the time of inspection, you will pay the station a fee of $7 to $40. This fee varies depending on your county, type of inspection required and the make, model and year of your vehicle.
- You will also pay a state inspection fee of between $2.75 to $22. This fee is also determined by your county, make, model and year of your vehicle.
Local and County Fees:
- You may also incur local and county fees at the time of your registration. These fees are determined solely based on your county of residence and range from $0 to $20.
State Processing Fee:
- Beginning with registrations due after January 1, 2017, the state of Texas charges a processing fee of $4.75 when you renew your registration online.
Third Party Agency Fee:
- This site charges an agency fee of $16.75 to process your online transaction with the state on your behalf. This fee is not required and will not be assessed if you choose to renew your vehicle through the official state portal. There are valuable benefits associated with this fee, including One-Click Renewal, 24/7 email support, quick status checks, error-free processing, DMV advocates and much more. We also guarantee your satisfaction, so if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- On the checkout page for your renewal, you will see the above listed fees (registration, inspection, local and county fees, processing and the agency fee) detailed according to your county and vehicle specifications. The total cost to you will be clearly itemized for you prior to payment.
- Please note that the fees that you will see associated with your vehicle on this website are an estimate based upon the information you have provided to us (car type, vehicle location, etc.) and the final amount charged to your card may vary slightly when we process your transaction with the state.
- One-Click Renewals
- Tax Office Advocates
- Free Sticker Replacement
- Secure Processing
- Night/Weekend Support
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Fast Response Times
- No Maintenance Time
- More Payment Options
- Mobile Friendly
- Text Notifications
- FREE for Veterans*
You also get to join us in giving back to Texas. A portion of every transaction we process is donated to one of several state funds, including the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation and the Texas Fund for Veterans' Assistance.
*For qualified disabled veterans. Please contact us for more information to see if you qualify.
"Wow! I have to say I am seriously impressed. To your management and team...I must say I seriously applaud the responsiveness and quick action on your end."-Steffan M., Texas
"I'm really impressed of how quickly you respond. Probably the best Customer Support I have ever had the pleasure of corresponding with."-Jon L., Texas
"THANK YOU FOR THE PROMPT REPLY, YOU FOLKS CONTINUE TO DO GREAT WORK PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING."-Richard D., Virginia